Welcome to the tenth post in the series “VR Sailors - MarineVerse Community” - introducing sailors racing in MarineVerse Cup.
Today, we are chatting with Pascal from Paris in France.
We have asked Pascal a couple of questions..
What is your sailing experience?
What is your favourite sailing memory?
A few days trip in Mediterranee, many years ago… but with a skipper!
I was just on board and I just had to enjoy the experience. Of course, I learned a lot then about sailing, but forgot everything without practice since then.
Tell us something about your experience with MarineVerse Cup?
In MarineVerse Cup, I immediately felt well thanks to the magical sound of the sea and waves. As I am blocked at home because of Covid19, I took this chance of escape in my Oculus Quest once a day with the practice race, in this nice game, both playing and learning.
Who and why should try MarineVerse Cup
This game is relaxing and instructive. You can play with friends remotely in a race together. Or you can do like me: a short race everyday after work: 15 minutes are enough to play a race and relax.
Any tips for those new to sailing that want to race in MarineVerse Cup?
I am a good example of complete beginner. Marineverse includes well made tutorials to understand the basics.
MarineVerse Cup is all about the community. If you would like to try sailing join us. You can meet VR sailors at our Discord chat server and you can downland MarineVerse Cup on Steam or via SideQuest.
We hope you enjoyed this blog post in “VR Sailors - MarineVerse Community” series - stay tuned for more soon!
- #1 David Wright, Commodore at Hythe Sailing Club in Southampton
- #2 Luke, Dinghy sailor from Germany
- #3 Jon “Bofh” from Glastonbury in the U.K
- #4 Guillermo Iurgi López de Ipiña Silván from Spain
- #5 Ryan (AKA Sailing FreeStyle ) from the USA
- #6 Nelson from Cincinnati, Ohio in the USA
- #7 Mark Afheldt based in Toronto, Canada
- #8 Dennis Fields sailing out of Las Vegas, Nevada
- #9 William Wollin, based in Racine, Wisconsin
- #10 Pascal from Paris, France
- #11 Linda van Kleef, Dutch living in Germany
- #12 Romeo, Marina Del Rey, CA
- #13 Kevin, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
- #14 Rik, Blackpool, England
- #15 Captain Ben, UK
- #16 Dave aka Bot33, UK
- #17 Andrew Brenton, UK
- #18 Pete Hoffswell, US
- #19 Colin aka SwabbinQuincyTeach, US