Welcome to the thirteenth post in the series “VR Sailors - MarineVerse Community” - introducing sailors racing in MarineVerse Cup.
Today, we are chatting with Kevin from Port Elizabeth in South Africa.
We have asked Kevin a couple of questions..
What is your sailing experience?
I have been sailing IRL for about a year, so still an amateur. I have a 13 ft dinghy that I take out on the river. It’s a locally made boat called a Gypsy.
What is your favourite sailing memory?
Capsizing the boat twice, when my dad was teaching me how to sail just after I bought it.
Tell us something about your experience with MarineVerse Cup?
Meeting people from around the world who I never would have met otherwise. Winning my first (standard) race, then winning a standard weekly series. Next is to win a pro race…
Who and why should try MarineVerse Cup
Anyone and everyone who enjoys competitive sailing or wants to learn how to sail - the controls are simple and user friendly.
Any tips for those new to sailing that want to race in MarineVerse Cup?
Download Pancake Sailor first (It’s free on Steam). It’s a great way to “learn the ropes” of sailing, as well as an enjoyable game in general. Then go onto MarineVerse Cup when you are ready to get competitive.
MarineVerse is a friendly and casual online sailing community. It’s great that you can proudly represent your country while enjoying yourself out on the virtual water.
MarineVerse Cup is all about the community. If you would like to try sailing join us. You can meet VR sailors at our Discord chat server and you can downland MarineVerse Cup on Steam or via SideQuest.
We hope you enjoyed this blog post in “VR Sailors - MarineVerse Community” series - stay tuned for more soon!
- #1 David Wright, Commodore at Hythe Sailing Club in Southampton
- #2 Luke, Dinghy sailor from Germany
- #3 Jon “Bofh” from Glastonbury in the U.K
- #4 Guillermo Iurgi López de Ipiña Silván from Spain
- #5 Ryan (AKA Sailing FreeStyle ) from the USA
- #6 Nelson from Cincinnati, Ohio in the USA
- #7 Mark Afheldt based in Toronto, Canada
- #8 Dennis Fields sailing out of Las Vegas, Nevada
- #9 William Wollin, based in Racine, Wisconsin
- #10 Pascal from Paris, France
- #11 Linda van Kleef, Dutch living in Germany
- #12 Romeo, Marina Del Rey, CA
- #13 Kevin, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
- #14 Rik, Blackpool, England
- #15 Captain Ben, UK
- #16 Dave aka Bot33, UK
- #17 Andrew Brenton, UK
- #18 Pete Hoffswell, US
- #19 Colin aka SwabbinQuincyTeach, US