Welcome to the eight post in the series “VR Sailors - MarineVerse Community” - introducing sailors racing in MarineVerse Cup.
Today, we are chatting with Dennis Fields sailing out of Las Vegas, Nevada.
We have asked Dennis a couple of questions..
What is your sailing experience?
I have approx. 50 years of sailing. Still currently sailing Hobie catamarans, and Tri Hulls. I own 3 boats. No racing experience. Just a cruiser..
What is your favourite sailing memory?
I purchased a 41’ Formosa Ketch. Sailed it up the coast 120 miles, It was a beautiful night with my friends.
Tell us something about your experience with MarineVerse Cup?
My experience With MarineVerse Cup has been great. I enjoy my time, and enjoy the distraction during this lockdown. My highlights, or questions. Why is some guys boat faster than mine? ….. lol …. Do some guys have kick up keels? Its a really fun program, and I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of it.
Who and why should try MarineVerse Cup
Any one interested in learning how to sail, and boat basics. Its a fun SAFE way to learn some basics.
Any tips for those new to sailing that want to race in MarineVerse Cup?
My tips are if you like sailing buy a headset and start you adventure.
MarineVerse Cup is all about the community. If you would like to try sailing join us. You can meet VR sailors at our Discord chat server and you can downland MarineVerse Cup on Steam or via SideQuest.
We hope you enjoyed this blog post in “VR Sailors - MarineVerse Community” series - stay tuned for more soon!
- #1 David Wright, Commodore at Hythe Sailing Club in Southampton
- #2 Luke, Dinghy sailor from Germany
- #3 Jon “Bofh” from Glastonbury in the U.K
- #4 Guillermo Iurgi López de Ipiña Silván from Spain
- #5 Ryan (AKA Sailing FreeStyle ) from the USA
- #6 Nelson from Cincinnati, Ohio in the USA
- #7 Mark Afheldt based in Toronto, Canada
- #8 Dennis Fields sailing out of Las Vegas, Nevada
- #9 William Wollin, based in Racine, Wisconsin
- #10 Pascal from Paris, France
- #11 Linda van Kleef, Dutch living in Germany
- #12 Romeo, Marina Del Rey, CA
- #13 Kevin, Port Elizabeth, South Africa