Welcome to the second post in the series “VR Sailors - MarineVerse Community” - introducing sailors racing in MarineVerse Cup.
Today, we are chatting with Luke, Dinghy sailor from Segelclub Vierlande in Northern Germany.
We have asked Luke a couple of questions..
What is your sailing experience?
I started sailing when I was 10 years old on a holiday camp at a local lake. After the camp, I was really interested in more sailing and began Optimist class sailing at a nearby sailing club - (Segelclub Vierlande). There I started regatta sailing and later got my own Optimist “Lucky Luke”. Until last year I sailed my little Optimist in northern Germany’s waters. Now 15 years old and growing out of this class I want to switch to a Laser..
Tell us something about your experience with MarineVerse Cup?
I have just started sailing in MarineVerse Cup in November 2019. What I really like in the game is when you are one a close head-on head race with another boat. The excitement and experience are for me very close to the real race on water. It is cool to be able to compete now even during the wintertime. I also like the exchange with the community between the races.
Who and why should try MarineVerse Cup
I recommend Marineverse Cup to anyone who wants to apply his sailing skills in a VR environment, to sail competitively against other people and become part of a growing and helpful community.
MarineVerse Cup is all about the community. If you would like to try sailing join us. You can meet VR sailors at our Discord chat server and you can downland MarineVerse Cup on Steam or via SideQuest.
We hope you enjoyed this blog post in “VR Sailors - MarineVerse Community” series - stay tuned for more soon!
- #1 David Wright, Commodore at Hythe Sailing Club in Southampton
- #2 Luke, Dinghy sailor from Germany
- #3 Jon “Bofh” from Glastonbury in the U.K
- #4 Guillermo Iurgi López de Ipiña Silván from Spain
- #5 Ryan (AKA Sailing FreeStyle ) from the USA
- #6 Nelson from Cincinnati, Ohio in the USA
- #7 Mark Afheldt based in Toronto, Canada
- #8 Dennis Fields sailing out of Las Vegas, Nevada
- #9 William Wollin, based in Racine, Wisconsin
- #10 Pascal from Paris, France
- #11 Linda van Kleef, Dutch living in Germany
- #12 Romeo, Marina Del Rey, CA
- #13 Kevin, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
- #14 Rik, Blackpool, England