VR Sailors - MarineVerse Community: Tim
Welcome to the twentieth post in the series “VR Sailors - MarineVerse Community” - introducing sailors racing in MarineVerse Cup.
Today, we are chatting with Tim from Amsterdam in Netherlands.
In virtual reality, you can meet Tim in MarineVerse Cup as TimWreed. In MarineVerse Cup TimWreed is racing in a “Pro Series” and as of today is #36 in the world.
We have asked Tim a couple of questions..
What is your sailing experience?
I have learned how to sail as a teenager in a soapbox/dinghy (they called it an optimist) and a laser. I’ve spend a few weekends sailing with friends on lakes in the Netherlands, but that’s it. I never raced or owned a boat.
What is your favourite sailing memory?
Probably sailing a small boat on my own from A to B with the purpose of going somewhere for the first time. Yeah, it doesn’t get much more exciting before VR for me
Tell us something about your experience with MarineVerse Cup?
I don’t really have any real life sailing experience and MarineVerse Cup is giving me a whole new look on competitive sailing. Playing the game unleashing my competitive self, it’s making me want to learn more about the sport. I’m looking at real sailing videos. As a fan of sports simulation games, this is exactly what I’m looking for.
Who and why should try MarineVerse Cup
This is a great game for every sports game fanatic like myself. It’s a must have for any (ex)competitive sailor or sailing lover.
Any tips for those new to sailing that want to race in MarineVerse Cup?
I came into this game with very limited knowledge of sailing, but as an experienced gamer. It’s hard to master, but not too difficult to learn the basics. The people you come across online are usually very helpful and there’s a Discord chat for the game where you can find more tips than I could give.
MarineVerse Cup is all about the community. If you would like to try sailing join us. You can meet VR sailors at our Discord chat server and you can downland MarineVerse Cup on Steam or via Meta Quest store.
We hope you enjoyed this blog post in “VR Sailors - MarineVerse Community” series - stay tuned for more soon!
- #1 David Wright, Commodore at Hythe Sailing Club in Southampton
- #2 Luke, Dinghy sailor from Germany
- #3 Jon “Bofh” from Glastonbury in the U.K
- #4 Guillermo Iurgi López de Ipiña Silván from Spain
- #5 Ryan (AKA Sailing FreeStyle ) from the USA
- #6 Nelson from Cincinnati, Ohio in the USA
- #7 Mark Afheldt based in Toronto, Canada
- #8 Dennis Fields sailing out of Las Vegas, Nevada
- #9 William Wollin, based in Racine, Wisconsin
- #10 Pascal from Paris, France
- #11 Linda van Kleef, Dutch living in Germany
- #12 Romeo, Marina Del Rey, CA
- #13 Kevin, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
- #14 Rik, Blackpool, England
- #15 Captain Ben, UK
- #16 Dave aka Bot33, UK
- #17 Andrew Brenton, UK
- #18 Pete Hoffswell, US
- #19 Colin aka SwabbinQuincyTeach, US
- #20 Tim from Amsterdam, Netherlands
- #21 Peter from Oregon, USA